Why You Should Be Setting Positive Intentions
Virtually everyone in the modern world has heard the term ‘intentions’ being used in one form or another. You might have heard about setting intentions, being mindful of your intentions, or fostering powerfully positive intentions to help you achieve what you want the most in life.
In essence, your intentions are thoughts that you have focused towards a certain outcome. Setting such intentions may help to activate your receptivity to new opportunities and paths, while also giving you purpose, inspiration and motivation to reach for your dreams.
The concept is based on the fact that your consciousness is able to create and shape your reality – a phenomenon long understood by Buddhist monks and spiritual leaders that’s quickly gaining traction in the scientific world, too.
Who Else is Doing It?
Research suggests that you are capable of shaping your reality simply by interacting consciously with it and choosing to focus your attention and energy on the things that resonate most highly with your personal paths. A vast number of renowned speakers, celebrities and experts agree.
Motivational speaker Tony Robbins is a firm believer in setting intentions in every facet of life, from your career to your relationship, to facilitate deeper and more intentional connections with others. Skincare brand Summer Fridays co-founder Marianna Hewitt’s primary focus is on whole-body wellness, which she believes can be achieved through a meticulous skincare routine, a healthy lifestyle, and setting positive intentions as part of your daily wellness routine.
Even celebrity superstar Oprah Winfrey herself highly recommends the practice to her followers, and has noted in the past that the principle of intention rules both her life and her destiny. She recommends examining your past motivations, becoming aware of your deepest intentions, and consciously choosing to set deliberate intentions towards future progress and productive change.
How to Set Your Intentions
Here are 6 essential steps to setting intentions and achieving your goals:
- Release limiting beliefs about yourself and choose to view your personal potential as boundless instead of limited.
- Be clear about your intentions. Ascertain when, where, and how you want a certain event to take place, but remain flexible and resilient in the face of challenges and obstacles.
- Take inspiration from psychological studies and harness visual, audio, and kinesthetic stimuli to shape your mind. Stimulate all of your senses by fully engaging with the world, donning bright colors, and savoring bodily sensations and emotions in all their forms.
- Separate your goals into attainable steps and take action to achieve them. Visualization and hard work must merge harmoniously! Don’t let fear or hesitation hold you back; do something every day that brings you closer to achieving your goal and your progress will soon be apparent.
- Ask for assistance and request that your close friends and loved ones set positive intentions for you in their own minds. The power of a collective consciousness working together to shape reality is capable of incredible things.
- Set your intentions daily. Write them out and be as meticulous as possible with deadlines and fine details. Transfer your visions and dreams into written words and make them so deeply ingrained in your daily life that manifesting them feels like second nature!